Bermuda and Zoysia Grasses: We often are asked about which mowers cut Bermuda Grass and Zoysia best. This is what we have learned over the years. You have lots of options.
Our Favorite Mowers For Bermuda:
- The Silent Cut 18 and the Silent Cut 21 with 9 inch wheels. The Silent Cut 18 cuts from .5″ to 2.25″. It is solidly built and not difficult to push. The Silent Cut mowers have 6 blades which work well with Bermuda grasses. The Silent Cut 21 with 9 inch wheels cuts from .25″ to 2.25″ and does a very nice job on Bermuda lawns.
Also Great Reel Mowers that cut Bermuda grass:
- The NaturCut Ideal 40 cuts Bermuda if you double cut. By double cut we mean mow north-south and then east-west.
- The 7 bladed American 16″ Bent cuts Bermuda.
- The Fiskars Momentum cuts Bermuda but can only cut to 1″ or above.
Favorite reel mowers For Bermuda home putting greens:
- The Hudson Star Classic and Hudson Star Signature do a fabulous job on Bermuda greens. These are high end mowers that provide amazing results!
And a bit of care advice for your Bermuda grass lawn :
A reel mower is preferred for cutting Bermuda grass. This gives a cleaner cut, and these mowers can also be more accurately adjusted to low heights. Grass clippings can be left on turf maintained with low to moderate fertility levels if mowed at the proper height and frequency. The clippings do not contribute to thatch, and they provide supplemental sources of nutrients. Remove the clippings only if the amount is so excessive that clumps form, or if appearance is important. Here is a very nice article on the care of Bermuda Grasses.
Please let us know if you require more information.
People Powered Machines